One of the greatest joys of the Christmas holidays is the magic of discovery. And The VIRGINIA SHOPPER discovered that Virginia Born and Bred is now featuring a line of delightfully new and magical Ginger Cottages, each handmade in the heart of Central Virginia. Each is a charming ornament ready to hang on the Christmas tree. Or this shopper has decided to create a whole stand-up VILLAGE!
This is an absolutely fabulous, and mostly adorable collection!
The loveable little Ginger Cottages are designed by a Master German Craft Artisan, Glenn A. Crider, to accept standard miniature tree light bulbs, so when the tree is lit, special surprises can be seen inside. But that’s not all!
Ginger Cottages Hide Secrets!
There are cleverly designed secrets throughout the collection and here are just a few:
– How many rocking horses can you find on the Toy Store?
– What time does the Santa Train arrive?
– Can you find a candy cane on the Santa Train?
– Can you find four snowflakes on Santa’s Workshop?
– How many doves can you find on the Christmas Chapel?
– What does the Sweet Treats Bakery make on a daily basis?
– There is a list of Secrets a Mile Long (well maybe only half a page) but what fun for kids and grownups on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day!
Ginger Cottages are specially designed by Glenn A. Crider, renowned Nutcracker and German Crafts artisan. He has been featured in publications like Better Homes and Gardens and Southern Living. In 2008, the U.S. Postal Service featured four of his original designs on the first U.S. Christmas Stamps. Glenn also has his work displayed in several Museums around the world, including the Smithsonian Institute.
Ginger Cottages are available in-store at Virginia Born and Bred, Lexington, Virginia, or call to order at 540 463-1832.
‘Til We Meet Again… The VIRGINIA SHOPPER